Check out videos from plenary sessions at the 2014 Mandela Washington Fellowship Summit!
Ignite Talk videos from the 2014 Summit are not available.
2014 Plenary Sessions
- Welcome remarks from then-U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry
- Congressional Forum featuring Senator John Boozman (U.S. Senator, Arkansas), Senator Chris Coons (U.S. Senator, Delaware), Congresswoman Karen Bass (U.S. Representative, 37th District, California), and 2014 Fellow Sheryl Vangadasamy
- Young African Leaders Town Hall featuring then-President Barack Obama
- Entrepreneurial Approaches to Activism Panel featuring Sipho Moyo (Africa Director, The ONE Campaign), Bill Carter (Diamond Leader for Africa, Ashoka), and 2014 Fellow Alain Kaposa Chirwisa
- Follow-On Resources and Opportunities featuring Grant Harris and Shannon Green from the National Security Council
- Partnership Expo remarks from Heather Higginbottom (U.S. Deputy Secretary of State) and Rajiv Shah (Administrator, United States Agency for International Development)
- Enabling Inclusive Economic Development Panel featuring Steve Case (Revolution), Alexa von Tobel (LearnVest.com), and 2014 Fellow Tchegoun Adebo Koba
- Remarks by then-First Lady Michelle Obama
- Closing remarks from Linda Thomas-Greenfield (Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Africa Affairs, U.S. Department of State) and Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power
The Mandela Washington Fellowship is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and administered by IREX.