Check out videos from plenary sessions and Ignite Talks at the 2018 Mandela Washington Fellowship Summit!
2018 Ignite Talks
2018 Plenary Sessions
- Welcome remarks from Ambassador Jennifer Zimdahl Galt (Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State) and Ambassador Tibor Nagy (Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, U.S. Department of State)
- Video Message from Ivanka Trump (Special Advisor to the President)
- Living Mandela’s Legacy through Women’s Empowerment panel featuring Priscilla Mutembwa (Vice President Cybersecurity and Development, U.S.-Africa Cyber Group), Hemant Ramachandra (Principal, Deloitte Consulting), Meagan Ward (Owner, Women’s Empowerment Activist, Co-founder of Femology Detroit, and Owner of Creatively Flawless), and 2016 Fellow Nailantei Nice Leng’ete
- Promoting Leadership through Youth Empowerment keynote address from Masai Ujiri (President, Toronto Raptors NBA Team; Director, Basketball Without Borders; and Founder, Giants of Africa)
- Promoting Trade and Entrepreneurship for Mutual Prosperity panel featuring Christophe Allard (Director North America, Brussels Airlines), Roslyn Docktor (Director of Government and Regulatory Affairs for Watson Health and the Middle East and Africa, IBM), Sean Mulvaney (Associate Director for International Business Development & US Tax, Procter & Gamble Global Government Relations & Public Policy), Jonathan Ortmans (President, Global Entrepreneurship Network), and 2014 Fellow Regina Agyare
- Congressional Forum featuring Senator Christopher Coons (U.S. Senator, Delaware), Congressman Hank Johnson (U.S. Representative, Georgia), Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (U.S. Representative, District of Columbia), and 2018 Fellow Rachael Mpiriirwe Kaigo
- Music and Movement for Social Change featuring Junious “House” Brickhouse (Founder and Executive Director, Urban Artistry, Inc.) and 2015 Fellow Brian “B Flow” Bwembya
- A Conversation on Leadership and Cultural Memory featuring Dr. John W. Franklin (Cultural Historian and Senior Manager, Smithsonian National Museum of African-American History and Culture) interviewed by 2018 Fellow Ayanda Allie Paine
- Closing Session with remarks from Ramsey Day (Deputy Assistant Administrator for Africa, USAID)
The Mandela Washington Fellowship is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and administered by IREX.