Fellowship Alumni Selected as 2021 Peace Ambassadors
The European Commission and One Young World recently announced the latest cohort of One Young World Peace Ambassadors. The program connects young leaders working to prevent and counter violent extremism and build peace in their communities.
With the overall objective of empowering young people in developing countries to contribute to preventing and countering violent extremism and peacebuilding in their communities, One Young World and the European Commission have brought together the fourth cohort of One Young World Peace Ambassadors. The 2021 cohort comprises 50 young leaders who have an impactful track record of promoting peace, conflict resolution, and community building in their countries.
We are proud that several Fellowship Alumni were selected as 2021 One Young World Peace Ambassadors, including 2020 Leadership Impact Award Winner Ibrahima Kalil Gueye:
- Amadu Djamanca, 2018 Fellowship Alumnus, Guinea-Bissau
- Ame Nadege Afoutou, 2015 Fellowship Alumna, Togo
- Ardent Tresor Alex Otoubou, 2017 Fellowship Alumnus, Republic of the Congo
- Fatouma Ahmed, 2018 Fellowship Alumna, Djibouti
- Ibrahima Kalil Gueye, 2018 Fellowship Alumnus, Guinea
- Mauricette Kobozo-Yadibert, 2017 Fellowship Alumna, Central African Republic
- Nicolau Londe Gomes Miguel, 2019 Fellowship Alumnus, Angola
- Rogerio Marques Benedito Junior, 2019 Fellowship Alumnus, Mozambique
Congratulations, Alumni! Learn more in this announcement.