Outlook on Africa: Connecting Rutgers Students to Fellowship Alumnae
The Global Village Living Learning Community Program at Rutgers-Douglass Residential College and Rutgers Global are collaborating on a new program called Outlook on Africa, a virtual series that connects Alumnae of the Mandela Washington Fellowship who participated in Leadership Institutes with current Douglass students. The Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumnae, who are young African women leaders from across the continent, will connect with students via Zoom to share their stories of how local women are working on community issues affecting Africa and the world, and then the students in attendance will have the opportunity to ask questions.
Fellowship Alumnae, who completed their Leadership Institutes at Rutgers, who are currently involved in this program include:
- Abigail Aruna, 2021 Fellowship Alumna, Ghana
- Opeoluwa Adetayo Ashimi, 2018 Fellowship Alumna, Nigeria
- Candice Mbaita, 2018 Fellowship Alumna, Zimbabwe
- Claudia Nwiebibua Nsono, 2021 Fellowship Alumna, Cameroon
- Carroline Odera, 2017 Fellowship Alumna, Kenya
- Jeshika Ramchund, 2021 Fellowship Alumna, South Africa
- Tshimangadzo Ramathaga, 2018 Fellowship Alumna, South Africa
- Sayida Sadick, 2021 Fellowship Alumna, Ghana
Learn more in this article from Rutgers Global.
2018 Fellowship Alumnus, Namibia