Alumni Selected for Inaugural Pamoja Founders Project
IREX, the PepsiCo Foundation, and PepsiCo entered into a strategic partnership through the Pamoja Founders Project: Accelerating African Entrepreneurs’ Impact, a regional catalytic leadership development program for entrepreneurs working at the intersection of food security, sustainable supply chains, and resilient food systems in Africa. This pioneering program, run collaboratively with longtime partner D-Prize, is designed to propel African entrepreneurs toward significant growth, sustainability, and impactful change within their communities and beyond.
The inaugural cohort of the Pamoja Founders Project social impact entrepreneurs is a group of 12 stellar young leaders from six African nations. Through a comprehensive curriculum encompassing mentorship, skill-building workshops, access to networks, and funding opportunities, the Pamoja Founders Project cohort members will gain the necessary tools and resources to scale their ventures and amplify their impact within their sectors and across their target markets.
Congratulations to the Fellowship Alumni among the inaugural winners:
- Benson Abila, 2022 Fellowship Alumnus from Kenya and Founder, M-taka
- Abdul Raufo Alfredo De Almeida, 2021 Fellowship Alumnus from Mozambique and Co-Founder, CRIMAS, ORZA and FAE
- Abdallah Mabrouk, 2021 Fellowship Alumnus from Tanzania and Founder & Executive Director, Ibukia Shambani
- Brendah Nantongo, 2019 Fellowship Alumna from Uganda and Founder, Veathari Ventures Limited
- Elizabeth Okullow, 2021 Fellowship Alumna from Kenya and Founder, Aqua Mnara
- Babajide Oluwase, 2022 Fellowship Alumnus from Nigeria and Co-Founder and CEO, Ecotutu
- Dr. Akpem Terese Shadrach, 2023 Fellowship Alumnus from Nigeria and Founder, Vet Konect